I Need Mobile Sync + Calendar + Notifications

It is a challenge finding an app for notes that:

• syncs between desktop and mobile
  • is open source
  • has calendar functionality (let’s face it; notes, tasks and time are not separable)
  • has notifications

So far I’ve heard & read that logseq supports this if some mysterious plugin is used, but I’ve not seen how to do it yet. So, on a linux desktop (or in the browser) and on an android mobile device: how can I get logseq + calendar + notifications going in the simplest way?

Thanks!

1 Like

I see on GitHub discussions, similar questions get locked fairly quickly and directed to this forum: A notification and reminder system · logseq/logseq · Discussion #7881 · GitHub

GitHub forum has a lot better traffic and participation, so why allow GitHub discussions at all if they’re just gonna get locked?

This is pretty much exactly me.

I can’t start using in any serious way until

1. push notifications on a Laptop browser and phone
  2. Google Calender external sync
  3. Sync works flawlessly, like Roam Research

One day hopefully

1 Like

@Chendy exactly, and after some conversations in the logseq discord I realized none of them use their note taker like we intuitively do. They are all obsessive note takers, I am not. I need a productivity tool, not a literally the software representation of a note book. Google Keep + Google Calendar was much closer, but I don’t want to be in the Google ecosystem. Ideally it would be an app for desktop & mobile where you can share any browser tab or message from another app with it. It would be your calendar, alarm, notebook, and perhaps “scheduler”. It would be self-hosted, or use git, or use some kind of sync. I checked out Obsidian as well and even if I went with that - which is supposedly very full featured - then I’d still need something like TickTick in addition, it seems.

I think this major gap is one that they’re trying to usher people into using AI to fulfill. But I don’t want a locally hosted AI personal assistant. I want to simplify, not complexify. It isn’t far off as-is, but it is just the constantly moving targets in the software world that makes standardization a chore. Rolling release Linux distros are a blessing, so is docker, so is source control, so are system-wide vim bindings, but getting that final touch across the experience is always right out of reach!

1 Like