What is Logseq Sync?
- Confirm you are using the same email address as the one in Open Collective (as Logseq Sync is in beta testing)
- Is your donation using the Incognito mode in Open Collective?
- Wait 60 minutes if you just finish the donation on Open Collective
If you are experiencing data loss:
- Recent updates got overwritten?
Explain & how to recover data: Logseq sync: content got overwritten when edit without fully synced
Data Protection and Recovery in Logseq
- Data fully cleared?
Multiple sync services cannot be harmony on the same directory
If you are experiencing sync issues when using Logseq Sync, such as old files always downloaded from the remote server, there are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:
Asset file is not covered by the filename conversion UI. You have to handle it manually.
If you suffer:
I did see a file show up and deleted it, and then it came back again, and I deleted it again.
May have to setup a new remote graph in this case:
- Copy your graph directory on the desktop, in a different name.
- Re-add it to Logseq.
- Set up sync for the new remote graph on all devices. Remember to set a fresh (empty) directory when selecting directory.
Ref: I'm using Logseq Sync, what should I do if I am experiencing sync issues?
Files with such filename won’t be uploaded to the remote server in recent versions, but it may caused by an outdated client version.
Check network connectivity towards https://api.logseq.com/ (should returns 404) and https://logseq-file-sync-bucket-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/ (should returns 403)
Logseq team is in quick action on fixing bugs. Old versions might contain bugs and incompatibility. Reset might be required to take effects (See How to reset a remote graph)
It’s a known issue and fixed in 0.8.16. Restart Logseq would fix the Sync.
It’s a known issue that, download remote graph with custom date format setup would show wrong date format in journal section. Re-index could fix.
Don’t edit the journal section on the date in wrong format. It would potentially cause data-loss on other clients.
page history button on the other clients to fetch the file back.
It’s a observed but rare issue (we are fixing!) on mac that might lead Logseq Sync to a weird state. For now, a resolution is to reset the remote graph:
How to reset a remote graph
To protect data integrity across multiple devices, special or reserved characters in filenames required to be escaped before Sync. Follow the conversion UI if your file names contain special characters https://docs.logseq.com/#/page/filename%20format
(fixed, action required for affected users)
In older version of Logseq (< 0.8.12), some files with special characters would be mistakenly uploaded to remote graph and unable to be deleted. We have fixed it in recent versions (after 0.8.12), but a reset of the remote graph is required to make the fix works: How to reset a remote graph
(fixed, action required for affected users)
In older version of Logseq (< 0.8.15) on some old devices / platforms (like using HFS as file system for macOS), some files with accent / diacritics (like ä) or Japanese characters (like あ) would be mistakenly handled. We have fixed it in recent versions (since 0.8.15), but a reset of the remote graph may be required to make the fix works: How to reset a remote graph
1) Copy your graph directory on the desktop, in a different name.
2) Re-add it to Logseq.
3) Set up sync for the new remote graph on all devices. Remember to set a fresh (empty) directory when selecting directory.
We are working on providing an easier way to reset the remote data.
if the above case doesn’t fit, check
1) Network connectivity problems: Check network connectivity towards https://api.logseq.com/ (should returns 404) and https://logseq-file-sync-bucket-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/ (should returns 403). The proxy setting in Logseq may help.
2) Conflicting changes to the same file made on different devices
There are multiple safe-net in Logseq to protect the data: the
page history feature in Logseq and the recycle directory for recent deleted / overwritten files in
We are promptly tracking & fixing sync issues, but as the remaining bugs are corner cases in rare conditions, the main blocker is the lack of information to reproduce the error. Some crucial information for issue reproduction are:
1) The version of Logseq you are using (on all devices)
2) The operating system and version you are using (on all devices)
3) When did you setup the remote graph
4) A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, including any error messages you may have received
5) Steps to reproduce the issue, if possible
6) Any relevant logs or screenshots that may help to understand the issue
To report a Logseq Sync issue, you can either open an issue on the Logseq GitHub repository or in the
beta-sync channel of Discord. Feel free to ping the team for attention if you are suffering any sync issue.