Incremental search in page with F3/Ctrl-F: no search popup please

Today Ctrl-Shift-K is used to search within a page; it pops up a popup window showing all the blocks containing the given text (I think it’s missing some sometimes, but that’s a separate issue). You can click on those to pop down the search window and go to that location in the document.
I would much prefer a standard search like in browsers or Emacs: hit Ctrl-F or F3, enter some text, and it finds and highlights the next location of that text in the document. Repeating Ctrl-F goes to the next location. No popup (just a small search box to enter the text).

It would be nice if linked references are also included in such search.

1 Like

It would be nice that the text found is displayed/highlighted/unfolded.
In my case I have the found text underneath a folded block. The search just tells me it is somewhere on the page and I need to open the .md file manually to see what is the related block.

2 Likes

Unlinked references should be included as well in the search.

2 Likes

@Gary_O This is available in the nightly release and will go out with the 0.8.3 release. You can read about the feature at https://docs.logseq.com/#/page/Find%20in%20page
@ellox I’ve confirmed that search works on visible results of linked references

1 Like

Very nice; thanks! I confirm it’s working. If you have a lot of linked refs on a page, and they’re loaded lazily, you do have to scroll down to the bottom first to load them all before search will find them, but I guess that’s sort of expected since it’s just a surface-level text search.