iOS app completely un-usable

hi, as of a few weeks ago, the iOS logseq app has become completely un-usable, due to getting the same InvalidStateError over and over again:

if i close it out, the app can sometimes recover, but most of the time it just fires another one so fast that i basically can’t use the app.

i’ve been using the logseq sync on iOS basically sync the launch of that feature, it’s only been the last ~month that i’ve seen this problem.

help!

Any solution for this bug, I also face this problem for a while.

Bumping this for more visibility. I’m running into the same issue and it’s very frustrating. I have Logseq Sync and I keep experiencing this on both my iPhone and iPad.

As I an immediate adopter of the Logseq Sync subscription, I really want to continue to support this team.

We need better open source solutions, and you deserve to get paid for your work.

And all of that said…if I can’t use your iOS app, I have no choice but to cancel my subscription. Why would I pay to sync to a device that isn’t supported?

I updated the iOS Logseq app last week and since then it has been completely unusable.

I’m encountering a bunch of issues:

• app crashing on boot
  • flash cards changing by themselves
  • keyboard disappearing making typing impossible

I thought maybe this was because I was using iCloud for sync - I’ve since switched to Logseq sync and i just see the app crash more.

is anyone from the logseq team reading this? we are your customers and we can’t use your product!

I’m going to try clearing up a few things (some of them well known, but added here for relative completeness):

• The forums is not currently a support service.
    • It is rather a place for community interaction.
  • Logseq’s team is currently very busy with the coming database version.
    • This is crucial for making a product available.
  • So far there is no product.
    • Logseq is still in beta.
    • When a product becomes available, it will be generally free.
  • So far there are no customers.
    • When customers become possible, they will be for paid services, not for the application.
    • Current subscriptions are a form of funding ongoing development, not of buying some existing service.
  • Limited support is available by email (read here).

Concerning your problem, should generally try going back to a previous working state:

• Re-install.
  • Downgrade to a previous version.
  • Use a different syncing approach (many do).
1 Like

I recently encountered the problem in the original message screenshot. After a lot of tinkering (I didn’t find any solutions online), I think I connected the dots for my problem. Hopefully I’m right, and if so, hopefully this helps someone else.

My iCloud space got full and since I don’t care about it I haven’t upgraded; while tinkering I realized in iOS’s settings logseq was set to sync in iCloud (I’m using the native sync from logseq, so I don’t want to use iCloud anyway). If you are already not using iCloud, maybe the same issue could happen if you filled up all the local storage space on your device.

For me the message was appearing often but not on every “page” I edited, so even though I haven’t seen the error after disabling iCloud storage, I can’t yet rule out that this is not still a problem for me, in which case I’ll come back and let y’all know.

I have the app of logseq installed on my iPhone, but how can I sync my pages from my PC to iPhone in the first place?

I have two iOS devices and two MacOS devices syncing four graphs regularly with Git.
The setup was convoluted the first time for a non-coding non-GIT user like myself but it works.
I use Working Copy (not free) on iOS for the GIT sync.

Caveat: I’m all text, no PDFs, photos, or other file types.