Wanted to ask is logseq is the right tool for me. I am a musician and artistic researcher. I am using a Zettelkasten system for organising research and atomic notes, writing drafts etc, and am not planning to change this. However, this is not good for planning, management and todos, so I am looking for complementary software and logseq seems interesting.
Naturally, I have self-diagnosed with Paralysis by Analysis, so I have procrastinated writing this post for a long time, but here it goes, without ambitions of being perfectly structured
What I am looking to organise
- Task management, on project-basis, with both
- planning individual projects
- setting future goals and visions for
- my ensemble
- myself as musician
- curating repertoire lists with links to:
- music score notes and analysis as preparation for rehearsals
- random notes and quotes on pieces and composers
- note taking in meeting with composers and administriative meetings
- project planning (time outlines, )
- Todo-lists, with good options to modify, see below
- Specific questions:
- Can I create future journal entries? I like to schedule specific todo-tasks for specific dates in the week. and at least, in the evening I want to lay out the specific todos for tomorrow. richt now I am doing it in
- Personal Diary – is there a specific space/entry mode for reflective diary entries? I do not like to have such text clogged up with, and on the same pages as, todos et. al.
- Is it possible to tag single todo-tasks?
- can I set a TODO today with a todo-date, so that it shows up on that journal entry?
- Compatibility and sync
- Does anything speak against having my folder inside a Zettlr ”Workspace” – so that I can read it from zettlr as well?
- What is the best way to sync with ipad? Gdrive od iCloud? I Am thinking about having a whole Folder for Zettlr on one of these drives, with one workspace dedicated for work from logseq
- Important for me i the separation of work-related notes and personal diary. Possible? Ideally, I would also like to hav some kind of day-planning tool for schedule, training, meditation etc. Have seen someone doing this beautifully with obsidian, although with 22 plugins …
- I am not keen on relying on too many plugins.
Do you think logseq is the best software for this kind of work flow? Would love to hear your thoughts. And if yes, what is the best way to set it up, and what videos/articles do you recommend?