Is there a public roadmap for Logseq development?

Yes, it’s here: Roadmap · GitHub

Update on Dec. 2022 by Junyi
Now the roadmap is on

This board is for tracking the BIG PROJECTs.
For a detailed progress of development, Star :star: our GitHub repo: GitHub - logseq/logseq: A privacy-first, open-source platform for knowledge management and collaboration. Desktop app download link: https://github.com/logseq/logseq/releases, roadmap: https://trello.com/b/8txSM12G/roadmap

6 Likes

Links not really relevant any more?

Hi Anders,

Thank for pointing this out. The most recent roadmap is here: Trello

2 Likes

I’ve peeked in on the Trello roadmap several times and I can’t tell what if anything is happening or scheduled. It leaves me uncertain it is the right place to look.

I see certain features are voted up significantly, but I don’t see them on the boards. The lack of transparency makes one wonder how and if the voting system is used.

I guess you could say I’m curious about new features being planned/scheduled. Where would one look to get a sense of what’s being planned and worked on? I’m not saying you guys are doing great work because I recognize you are! Just that it’s hard to see.

9 Likes

Bump on this. Is the roadmap not used anymore (on trello?), it seems to be outdated.

1 Like

Not long ago, I believe it was @Ramses who confirmed on the Discord that the Trello roadmap is indeed outdated. He said he’d mention it to the rest of the team.

As far as I know, Sync is still priority #1 for the team while @Peng_Xiao is putting together whiteboards. Anything else is of uncertain status.

I love Logseq but this lack of transparency is what might push me back to Obsidian. Not having pluggins on mobile is another. I contribute 15,00 $ per month to support this app, so I believe in it and the team.

2 Likes

Getting the impression the team has stretched itself thin perhaps? Only discovered Logseq in the summer and love it but uncertain of its future

Also feels too many social tools have been adopted? Other then this site and logseq itself what more do you need?

1 Like

The biggest transparency is the open-source:
Everybody can track each code submission on
https://github.com/logseq/logseq/pulls

Meanwhile, we keep updating our projects in Trello

1 Like

I think what I’m missing is a bit of vocal vision exploration from the team. Seems there is lots of little technical stuff happening but for me to invest complete confidence in storing my writing data in Logseq format, rather than switch over to Obsidian, I want to know what these guys are aiming towards — what’s valued, what’s not? What’s central, what’s peripheral?

This might be more blog posts talking about the medium/long term, the philosophy, the product design approach, etc.

Right now I’m a backer and am using Logseq daily, profusely, but I do worry whether I’m investing in the right platform.

3 Likes

@janbaykara @Ramses has said that the current development focus is on Sync and Whiteboard. Other than that I do not know what’s on the longer-term horizon. I would also love to know.

I agree. What’s the vision? I keep seeing Flash cards, Whiteboards and whatever, which in my mind is completely orthogonal to the core product (a highly capable outliner). Meanwhile that core product still has a lot of enhancements to be done (the mobile apps could use some attention, for example).

I also pay money to support development and it would he nice to know why things are as they are. Surely there’s a vision here and I’m just not seeing it yet.

2 Likes

What is wild to me is that clearly there is enough vision for top tier investors to put 4 million bucks in: Logseq raises $4.1M to Accelerate Growth of the New World Knowledge Graph

In the future, Logseq plans to make the app collaborative and ultimately create a World Knowledge Graph—a way to connect the individual knowledge graphs of every human and every knowledge repository in the world. For example, users will be able to connect to Stanford’s knowledge graph and stitch it to their own, without ever stepping into a classroom. The company aims to ultimately create a computer-enabled world brain.

I don’t know what to think about this. Sounds cool, I guess? Would love a bit more show and tell.

They will share their vision in detail soon.

Anyway they worked for many months on a very important feature like Sync that should be appreciated by most users.

They paid another developer (the team is ~10 people) to develop Whiteboards. Not strictly necessary but appreciable. I think Whiteboards are a great addition.

Sync is a prerequisite to collaboration features. So I guess it’s pretty clear what is the main direction of development now and what are nice additions along the road?

Anyway, you can support a project just for what’s already there, for bug fixes and for help when you have issues.

It’s not that $15/month makes you a partner who can demand detailed reports on what is being done and what will be done. If there are, fine.

@Dean_McGrath going back to a closed-source product like Obsidian for lack of transparency is paradoxical.