Is there a way to pin pages to the top of the right sidebar?

Hi,

I have been trying to find a way to pin pages to the right sidebar so they remain on top no matter what other pages I open, but I cannot find it. Not sure if I’m missing something, or if there is a plugin that can help me with this.

This is part of my workflow in roam and I think it’s one of the only things I’m missing at the moment in logseq. I know of the “contents” page, but is not as useful to me unfortunately…

Thanks!

Hi, I know you can Shift + click on a link and it will open in right panel…
that’s a native shortcut, maybe there are some plugins too

Two approaches:

1. You can use the option in config.edn: :default-home {:sidebar ["page a" "page b"]}
  2. Or you can install the plugin “Logseq Sidebar Preset” from the marketplace
1 Like

Thanks a lot, that does almost what I wanted, however if I open new pages on the sidebar they go on top of these “preconfigured” ones… do you know if there is a way for the pages you chose to stay on top when you open new pages in the sidebar?

Sorry, I don’t think there is a way that doesn’t involve injecting custom CSS and JS, i.e. a serious hack.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, do you know if you can configure for the new pages that you open in the sidebar to be added at the bottom instead of the top?

No sorry, otherwise I would have mentioned it.

1 Like

No worries, thanks a lot!

Slightly different from your request but it might be an actionable solution…
Just add to the"contents" tab with a block(or page) embed, you can also specify a collapsed:: true property so that the embed shows the first block only!