Logseq does not load on Debian 12 after latest update

Hi all, I got a message today when booting into my laptop that logseq was automatically updated. Since then I’m only able to launch logseq if I right click on it and select “Wayland Backend”.

I’ve already tried:

• re-installing from scratch (also deleted the $HOME/.logseq directory)

• moving the graph directory and trying to launch logseq

In both cases it was only loading if I select the “Wayland Backend” option.
Did anyone had the same problem or does anyone know how to fix it? :melting_face:

System details :computer::

• My system: Debian 12 (bookworm)
  • LogSeq version: 0.10.6
  • Installed LogSeq from flathub

I can confirm the same. I’m using Debian testing but after upgrading Logseq to 0.10.6 from flathub I can start it only using “Wayland Backend”. My system uses Wayland.
Downgrading to Logseq 0.10.5 make Logseq start as expected without having to use “Wayland Backend”.

How did you downgrade? Did you do it from Flathub or did you install it directly from github?

Sorry for the delay, I made the downgrade using flatpak itself. You can follow this guide:

Hope this help!

Nice! Thanks for replying :sunglasses:

1 Like

@theodorju you can update, it seems that it was a bug in the flatpak manifest itself: LogSeq crashes on Wayland with current configuration · Issue #127 · flathub/com.logseq.Logseq · GitHub

Hey @eriol, thanks for coming back and telling me! I’ve updated and it seems to have resolved it!