Logseq insists on dark mode!

I have set Logseq theme mode as “Light” however, every time I restart it decides to go back into dark mode… What can I do to keep it from doing that?

This is a stretch but i had a plugin that was malfunctioning and that somehow made it “stick” in darkmode. Try turning your plugins off (or removing them).

I experienced this. What I did to solve was after I changed to light theme from settings, I re-index my graph.

What theme are you using?

Hi there, replying to all suggestions here:

• I have only the default theme, I did not install any custom themes.
  • I tried disabling all the plugins and restarting Logseq, this did not change the behavior at all.
  • I tried re-indexing after setting the theme mode to Light, however after I restarted it just jumps back to Dark theme again.

Not sure what next to try…

Regards,
Tareq

Hi. Was there ever a solution to this? I’m having the same issue in macOS Ventura on my new M2 MacBook with the last version of Logseq. It wasn’t an issue on my old 2016 Intel Mac.

Nope, didn’t get anywhere with this, my next step will be to reinstall Logseq, not sure I want to get thru the headache of this though…

Have you tried clearing the caches?

rm -rf ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Logseq

Thanks, will try giving this a shot tomorrow. Not sure if it’ll help because it’s a new install on a brand new laptop, but will see how I go.

How do I do that? Is this a command line? I run the desktop App on Windows, I have 2 machines with Loqseq installed, only one of them behaves this way (persistent dark mode)…

Yes, it is a command that deletes the cache directory. That command only works on MacOS.

I don’t know where that directory is on Windows. I guess it resides somewhere in C:\Users\<username>\AppData.

I have the same problem, and have had it since December. Also with a M1 Mac, running Ventura.
Also if my “recents” and “favorites” tabs are minimized, when I log in next time they will be expanded. Just tried the command line mentioned above and it didn’t work.