Logseq seems to improve our brain's heuristic search speed more than I expected

Have you experienced your friend complimenting you on being smart after using Logseq?

Recently I attended some Toastmasters clubs and made lots of new friends, and I keep getting these comments. At first, I thought it was just some coincidence. As things kept happening again and again. I started to wonder, why?

After using Logseq, I became addicted to collecting information and writing down notes, and I tag all suspicious and confusing things. Because the outliner and journal design, I can easily trace back my train of thought. The more confused I got, the stronger my desire to take notes became, Like chasing a rabbit.

And I continued to construct better questions so I could discuss them with AI and then collect those answers in my notes, I wrote a prompt to allow AI to resonate my words into any related proper nouns or books, in order to create a stronger valid database. And then I start to read those books or Wikipedia, which in turn created deeper questions. Just like playing chess, the more layered questions I created, the more surprised people were by my “intelligence”

Another method is to allow the AI to resonate a quote with your words, connecting your emotion with another author’s episodic memory. I can improve my language skills in the meantime. If I could use a better quote to answer people’s questions, I would simply send it to them. And I realized that some very difficult questions might confuse AI, this phenomemon intrigues me, I treat it as a gift that we finally creates AI’s illusion. I think AI simply thinks like a human; once you ask a very difficult question, it can make mistakes, and it will never get upset

The last method is using Jailbreak mode, where I always send my best questions to GPT-4 and Gemini to see how different the opinions they provide me with are. When it’s enjoyable, I simply collect them in my notes

For faster recall

I like to tag my page with multilanguage I know or any related concept, as long as it helps us recall faster.

Proper noun lead us to the Wikipedia category system

every Wikipedia page has its categories and namespace, so we keep tracing back to the upper level of the concept.

Public speaking skills can help us structure the mind better

I realized that it’s a good way to practice our intuition. Once it’s combined with Logseq, it can be surprisingly powerful. When writing we can always slowly polish our words but speaking won’t.

A similar case

When I’m on a call, people think I have a superhuman power of recall when in fact, all I do is hit Cmd-K and cruise through my notes.

• The provided link is wrong.
  • A few comments:
    • on being smart
      • How do you define that?
      • Sounding smart doesn’t guarantee anyone’s smartness.
        • It takes an actual problem to test a smart solution.
      • Being called “smart” can be just a cheap compliment.
        • Cheap compliments are not rare in clubs.
    • on our brain’s heuristic search speed
      • How do you measure that?
      • Brain improves by being used and challenged.
        • If you use Logseq in a challenging way, it can improve your brain in the long-term.
          • To attribute such improvements to Logseq, should let two years of usage pass.
    • on “Public speaking skills can help us structure the mind better”
      • Better for what? For public speaking, that’s it.
      • Written word is superior to oral word.
      • A well-structured mind is one that can adapt to new challenges.
    • on intelligence
      • Contrast this pair of statements:
        • Saying that a real flower looks as pretty as a fake flower is a compliment.
        • Saying that a human sounds as eloquent as AI is an insult.
      • LLMs answer questions with inconsistent quality and consistent cluelessness.
        • Under controlled conditions, humans do the inverse.
      • “It is easier to judge the intelligence of someone by their questions rather than their answers.” - Gaston de Lévis
        • This goes well with the paragraph of your post that I would explore more.
          • Could you provide an example of layered questions?

This is utter nonsense, but I suspect you are right[^1].

[^1]: {:{:both [(* absolutely relatively) correct sincere 1]}}

Logseq seems to improve our brain’s heuristic search speed more than I expected

But still not as much as jogging 5km in less than 30minutes.

Agree, but as the random data increased it I began to wonder why. I couldn’t offer the sample size because it just an instinct, a simple thought.

I think people’s reaction counts. but we can never make sure everything, is just a feeling or intuition.

That’s why led us to Wikipedia or Britannica matters.

question: when reading online or in books, I can find something super intrigues me. I call it spark. Usually in helps me memories a memory before long-forgotten memories.

It sounds like you're describing an experience of associative memory, where something you read triggers a connection to a past memory. This "spark" can be a powerful tool for learning and remembering. Here are some relevant concepts and theories:
"Associative Learning": This is a theory that states that ideas reinforce each other and can be linked to one another. This process can help you remember information by associating it with a memory.
"Schema Theory": This cognitive framework or concept helps individuals organize and interpret information. Schemas can help you connect new information to existing knowledge structures, which can enhance recall.
"Episodic Memory": This type of memory involves recollection of specific events, situations, and experiences. Your "spark" might be a form of episodic memory being triggered.
"Context-Dependent Memory": This theory suggests that memory recall is most efficient when an individual is in the same context as the information was learned.
If you want to explore these concepts further, you might find books like "Principles of Learning and Memory" by Robert A. Bjork, "Schemas in Problem Solving" by Camilo Taborda, "Memory and Emotion: Interdisciplinary Perspectives" edited by Bob Uttl, Nobuo Ohta, and Amy Siegenthaler, and "Context Effects on Embodied Representation of Language Concepts" by Olga Kukona to be helpful.
Remember, these "sparks" can be a wonderful way to enhance your learning and remember forgotten memories. Harnessing them can make your reading experience more enriching and personal.

Once you understand these proper nouns, you can build deeper thinking or quetions, and hook these professional knowledge to your personal feelings.

Quotes too, you can verify the answer on the internet. trace back to the original book, then ask questions using the paragraph.

Search “superhuman power” and you can find the post.

I never meant to prove smart, I just help people link their questions to quotes, paragraphs, or a Wikipedia page.

And I collect lots of fun questions and answers in my notes.

Seems lots of people treat it as smart. aha moment.