Migration from RemNote

I’ve tried to import from RemNote with various options available, but every time it ends up like a huge mess. Is this going to be possible in the near future, or it’s best to do it manually?

1 Like

What’s RemNote’s format? Can you export to Markdown or other formats?

You may end up needing to do some find and replace changes to the markdown you download from RemNote to get it to work well with Logseq. I’d recommend trying to focus in on a specific error you’re seeing and find a way to fix it find and replace, or worst-case, regex. Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

RemNote does have a Markdown export option, but it also has a JSON export that preserves the tree structure, the flash card information, all the embeds and references, the tags, the search queries, the clozes (and information about how the closes are paired), and so on. Using that is far better, and I’ve written a migration script myself to explore doing it. It would be possible to do a thorough, nearly-perfect one-click migration from RemNote to Logseq but for one thing – RemNote’s flashcards can be one-liners, answer-on-left, or bidirectional, and so often aren’t possible to represent in Logseq, and flashcards usually make up a large percentage of the items in a RemNote database. If these three features were implemented, I don’t think there’s anything else that would get in the way of users migrating with ease.

2 Likes

Hopefully this post helps Import json from remnote - #3 by Hi3n, but I think you might have to spend some time getting everything right as there is a quite a big difference between the two tools.