Missing assets - help needed

Hello, files have disappeared from my assets folder. It is almost empty, although I have been using Logseq for years. All of my notes are full of “Image not found!” messages. When I click on the message, I can see the path to the file: My Files 353.png

How can I retrieve my attachments and fix the links?

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

EDIT: all missing files in trash. What is the best way to restore?

Any idea, what have happened?!

Sorry this happened to you @Costel, but good to see you found your files at least.

When you say Trash, do you mean of your operating system? In that case, restoring would be the easiest option (the Trash options of most OSs have a “restore” option when you right-click the file(s)). You could also manually drag them back to your graph folder.

However, with this little information it’s impossible to say what has happened. If you can please share more context it’ll be easier to help you. Things like what operating system you’re using, what Logseq version(s) you’re on, how you sync, and describe what you’ve done right before this happened. For example, have you changed the location of your graph folder, or did you change its name? Or did you update the app/OS/etc.?

Also, keep in mind that on this forum the community helps each other and that they cannot answer all questions. If you’re using the official Logseq Sync feature, the easiest way to get support is to email support@logseq.com.

Thank you @Ramses - It is so embarrassing. As always, user error. I don’t know how it took me three hours to figure out that I’d made the mistake. A few weeks ago, I created a Hazel rule to backup my LS files and made an error in the rule. I nearly deleted my own files. I promptly recovered the files from trash, ran a sync, and now everything is fine. (At the end I also fixed the Hazel rule). False alarm. I’ll leave this here, because the lesson may be useful to our colleagues who complains a lot about synchronisation: the files are there, think first, shout later.

2 Likes