Moin, moin this is Stefan

:globe_with_meridians: I’m from Duisburg - Germany
:now: :bug:
:map: I found Logseq by accident, searching for yet another markdown editor capable do adjusting references when moving/renaming files (to export the result as a static website using pure shell magic, pandoc and make)

3 Likes

Moin moin and hello!

1 Like

Welcome to Logseq and the community @westenfalke!

It’ll be interesting to read your experiences after you’ve been using Logseq for a while. I’ve not met many people who use Logseq as a Markdown editor (most people use Logseq for its specific features, many of which are not part of common Markdown).

What other apps do you plan to use with your Logseq Markdown files?

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome, makes me feel like I’m in the right place.

1 Like

Thanks for you appreciation @Ramses .

Long story short: I heard about LogSeq and after my wariness towards the journal had worn off,
I started using LogSeq for documentation purposes only to see it match another use case: GTD

And here we are, learning yet another tool, for the same goal.

The journey started with a lot off localy running ssg which names I no longer remember, via droppages where my first contact with liquid followed by kajabi, jekyll, hugo GitHub - westenfalke/onomy-hugo-theme: hugo taxonomy template from scratch (ONOMY), and lots of Makefiles to make pandoc walk down a directory tree.
This is when I bought a license for Typora and suddenly realized that the weak link in my workflow are the hyperlinks (pun intended).

Luckily a peer of mine told my about a new PKM Editor without her knowing that it makes use of markdown files, exactly the file format I thought I was raving about for the last years.

It was Obsidian. And for about a year, I banged my head against Obsidian to make its markdown into pretty HTML.
And I failed miserably but probably for the wrong reasons, but I’d rather blame the fool using the tool than the tool itself.

You’ve asked me what other apps I plan to use with the LogSeq markdown files.
An ssg (probably selfmade) to deploy parts of LogSeg as a static website.

1 Like

I hope Logseq will fit your needs! GTD is a big part of why I love Logseq, along with taking notes of stuff I’m learning about. Though my use case isn’t as sophisticated as yours with publishing.

Logseq has some neat plugins to publish to the web, including to a Hugo-generated site. Also, built-in it has an easy way to export to HTML (right-click a bullet or a page title to export to a variety of formats).

Having said that, Obsidian does have a much bigger plugin ecosystem and it’s more of a regular Markdown editors. You might find that Logseq doesn’t fully meet your needs as a Markdown editor as it adds - in front of every block in the Markdown file. That makes (re)using the file in other apps trickier.

Still, I hope Logseq fits your needs but its good to have realistic expectations as Logseq is more limited than Obsidian is in many ways. On the other hand, Logseq ships with more features built-in that are amazing if Logseq is your main tool and you don’t care as much about inter-op with other tools.

1 Like