More date formats and in other languages

Hello,

I would like to see other formats available (such as ‘Do MMMM YYYY’ or “DD-MM-YYYY”) and in other languages (instead of “July 1st, 2021”, “Julho 1o., 2021”).

I think the current localization model of LogSeq does not account for date formats (otherwise I would contribute directly!)

Best,

1 Like

Bom Dia Waldo,

You can change the formatting of the date in the settings: Three dots (top right hand side) -> settings -> Preferred Date Format (3/4th option from the top). There are quite a few formats already in the list.

In terms of local language settings, I am afraid I am not sure if / how this is possible.

Hope the above helps.

Is it possible to have the day of week in the title for the daily journal. I don’t see a date format that includes that.

1 Like

Hi there,

The options with “E” are the day of the week. So yyyy-MM-dd EEEE looks like this:

date

Edit, just saw your post on Discord that you are after: “Fri, Jul 2 2021”. This does not seem to be one of the options available for the time being.

Thanks, now that I know that EEEE is the day of week I can add a format to config.edn. I just tried it and it works like a charm. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Why does Logseq not conform to this formatting convention: Moment.js | Docs

That would make it much easier to allow Obsidian and Logseq to work seamlessly together on journal/Daily note pages.

5 Likes

What did you end up inputting, and where? I’m looking to use a similar format :slight_smile:

if you do it through setting/Editor → you have limited option but when you go back to the setting then click on Edit Config.edn then you scroll all the way to the last line of code. You can Manual edit as you desire. However you will have to re-index the graph or restart the program. hope i helped

For reference here is mine “EEE, MMM do yyyy” = Wed, Jan 24th 2024

1 Like

I use these two plugins to save dates in the international standard format (following ISO 8601) and display them in the common german format (allowed by DIN 5008) including german weekday names. It’s a shame that it wasn’t implemented like this in the first place.

1 Like

Yes. Originally, the date recording and display formats should have been separate. Furthermore, the browser’s built-in functions were able to support localized display methods for countries around the world.