More powerful and unified search: integrate the search (ctrl+K) with mention of pages [[ ]] / blocks (( )) and query, in addition to show properties of the block/page in the results

maybe it has already been discussed in another thread. if so, please let me know. :slight_smile:

I thought it could be awesome to more have a more powerful search: integrate the search (ctrl+K) with mention of pages [[ ]] / blocks (( )) and query, in addition to show properties of the block/page in the results.

example: in the middle of the block I’m writing, I would like to press ctrl+K and type something like “type:contact Name of a person” or "media:text Name of an article, and see the results with the properties that would help me distinguish each one, in case it has more than one with the same title, such as the “author” of the text I searched.

i.e., the bar search could let me write some key:value based on properties of blocks/pages, like Google search let me search for specific things (site:, allinurl: etc), followed by the text I want to search. and the results could show me the properties of the block/page.

Benefits:

• It would avoid me using with [[ ]] or (( )), having to know beforehand if it is a page or a block. Sometimes I make pages, but lately a lot of what I record is in blocks inside journal pages.
  • It would have a global way to search, unifying [[ ]], (( )) and ctrl+K. And, to distinguish what will be done if you click/press ENTER on a result that appears in the ctrl+K search, it could have something like:
    • open selected result
    • mention in the current block
    • embed in the current block
  • I wouldn’t need to be creating on-demand queries just to find and mention/reference something.
  • It would allow me not to worry about creating separate pages for texts or research I do. Maybe It would be enough for me to do everything in the journal page, put a title on the block and then use template properties that inform the type of block.

Does anyone know if it’s on the roadmap to do this at some point?
Or if there is a plugin to deal with that?

It has become increasingly important to me as I use more blocks on the journal page instead of new pages for content.

And, apparently, this differentiation between page and block could be less reinforced.
I don’t know if it’s a matter of technology limitation or intentional.