Natural Language Dates

I see this was requested before by @Hulk, but not as a feature request, so I’m bumping it up here.

Natural Language Dates. Just type a date and press a shortcut key, and the date is rendered accurately in a YYYY-MM-DD format (or whichever format you choose). I prefer this method to having a pop up calendar, but the two can also be combined interactively (see excellent Fantastical calendar for Mac)

I too would very much like to be able to, for instance, write “tomorrow” or “Monday” and have it transformed into [[2021-07-12]].

Another option is wrapping the natural date in semicolons to trigger the conversion to a page link.

i.e. ;today; → [[January 14th, 2022]]

Bumping this, as natural language dates exist in templates but not elsewhere. This would be especially useful in queries, but also elsewhere.

1 Like

This request was made a couple of years ago. Since then they’ve added a few slash commands:

/today
/tomorrow
/yesterday

Much more could (and should) be done. It would be nice to have:

/monday (or any day of the week)
/last monday
/next week (or month, year) to have it 7 (or 30, 365) days from now.
/last week

and more, as well as support for places where you can’t enter slash commands.

1 Like

logseq-datenlp plugin makes it possible.
Use @ instead of a slash. Ex. @wednesday

@YU000jp
thanks for the hint.
I use it and it is nice, but when I use the % to add the scheduled date, it creates a strange empty space and the next block is kind of distant from the one before.

It happens also to you? is it normal?

I was able to reproduce the bug as well. Contains unnecessary double-byte character spaces.

The cause was found in the source. (https://github.com/hkgnp/logseq-datenlp-plugin/blob/4a57082d622234e757db709040b6e079ac85749d/src/features/parse/semi-auto.ts#L55)
I’ll report it to the author.
[bug report] Contains unnecessary double-byte character spaces · Issue #47 · hkgnp/logseq-datenlp-plugin · GitHub

1 Like

thanks! If can fix the plugin is awesome

Thanks for reporting this. Should be fixed in the latest version.

@YU000jp thanks for the PR! sorry I didn’t see it before making the changes.

1 Like