Newbie confused about authorization tokens

Hi! I am a new user of Logseq, and first of all I just want to say that, while it isn’t perfect, this seems like the kind of knowledge management tool I’ve been looking for for years. And it was a little hard to find - not sure why. But anyway, it seems great so far!

But my question has to do with setting up the API server to work with external programs. In this case, I want to try out the Logseq Copilot browser extension (I use Vivaldi, so I have the Chrome version of said extension). I have the LogSeq API server running, and apparently I need an API authorization token to connect the extension with LogSeq. That makes sense, but I don’t understand how I am supposed to obtain this token. As far as I can see, neither LogSeq nor the browser extension provides a token. Can I just enter an arbitrary value (the same on both ends, of course)? Is there a specific format an API key has to follow? I can’t find any documentation that explains this.

1 Like

or you can find this link on the extension option page:
WechatIMG121

Thank you! It’s been such a long time, I didn’t think anyone was going to answer.

But you haven’t answered the most important question: how is the authorization token generated?