Non bullet point option

My use case:
I am currently using Logseq as a Bible study platform. I am using the links / backlinks feature to link to bible verses and chapters stored in other pages.

Issue: currently everything is a bulletpoint.

NOTE: even in document mode, if you hover over the blocks you can see that the bullet points are just hidden.

Feature request: Please add the functionality to make bullet points an optional thing. For my setup, having everything be a bulletpoint is making it look messy and will make it difficult to find things when I do actually need to use a bulletpoint / set of bullet points.

I’m with you on this … I just found out about logseq last night… really love the concpt that all data is just flat text files in very human readable and interchangable markup format.

However, with everything being bullet points… this is such a dealbreaker for me. I don’t want every single new line to have

• added to the front causing it to be a new bullet

I was really hoping to use this to manage my personal knowledgebase, etc but sadly the automatic forcing of the leading - (causing bullet points) is absolutely a non starter.

I even tried editing the files manually to remove them and logseq seems to add them back.

its like 90% perfect for my needs, but that last 10% may drive me away

Self reply to say - Ok I was able to edit in an external editor and after a bit of cleanup it seems that It did not just arbitrarily re-prefix things I removed the - from

However, when I add anything new within logseq to the existing page it is still prepending the

• at the beginnings
    So my only choice here would be to only edit in external editor

Based on my reading of the docs and forums a bit - it seems the bullet point organization is very intentional/fundamental and perhaps my issue here is I am wanting logseq to be something it’s not.

I’m going to keep poking at it a bit and see if it’s a case of me not seeing the bigger picture or if it’s just not quite for me

things I do love: the idea of having my data in local .md files with human readable markup so that the data is not dependent upon the viewer - that in a pinch, FireFox with Markdown Viewer Webext or even just a plain text editor can read it just fine.

I made the mistake years ago of really liking SharePoint for how easy it was to shove things in but sort of like “roach motel… where roaches check in but never leave” SharePoint and One Note and many other products are far too… “sticky” and dependent on often proprietary systems that may decide to go away or start charging - as everything moves toward subscription and cloud models, I appreciate the local and open nature a great deal.

Why yes, at this point I’m babbling to myself kind of…