Not sure how to add to daily note template

Hi. I’m trying to create a daily note template. I’ve managed to add some queries to the daily note, which appear at the bottom. However, I’d like to add some text at the top of each daily note. The .edn file specifies the following:

;; When creating the new journal page, the app will use your template content here.
 ;; Example for Markdown users: "[[Work]]\n  -\n- [[Family]]\n  -\n"
 ;; Example for Org mode users: "** [[Work]]\n***\n** [[Family]]\n***\n"

so I added some of the example Markdown text as follows:

:default-templates
{:journals "[Work]]\n  -\n- [[Family]]\n  -\n"}

But this does not appear at the top of the daily note. (NB I could create a template and manually add it at the beginning of the day, but it would be great if the template would automatically appear). Thanks

You can’t use a snippet, you need to create a template (Templates), and include that template as a daily note.

Thanks. I know how to create templates, but not how to make them automatically appear in the daily notes. As mentioned in the post, I tried to add text under “templates” but it did not appear.

This is how I have setup mine:

;; When creating the new journal page, the app will use your template if there is one.
 ;; You only need to input your template name here.
 :default-templates
 {:journals "daily"}

daily is the template added every day.

Ah brill! I didn’t realise that the word in quotes was the name of the template. This should be easy to set up. Thanks so much.