Option to hide the bullet when embedding single blocks

I want to use embedded blocks a lot to eliminate redundancies. For instance, a quotes page to embed quotes from.

I’d like the embedded blocks to integrate better in the blocks I embed them in. Right now, you see two bullets on the same line.

Maybe there could be an option for bullets to not be displayed when embedding single blocks.

I would like this as well :slight_smile:

Yes, this would be really nice. The embeds are a little sloppy right now.

I measured and the embedded content begins three bullet points deeper than the block on which the embed is crated. The embedded content should begin on the same block it is created.

The way workflowy handles page/block embeds is much more elegant in my opinion and I’d like to be able to use that method instead if possible. In workflowy, there is now window within a window, it simply indicates on the bullet itself. Would be nice if the bullet could be styled to indicate that it’s an embed. Workflowy: Mirrors - A radical new way to organize your data

It also allows independent toggling of collapse state. Current behavior in logseq is that if the embed is collapsed, it is collapsed everywhere instead of just the current block.

Yes, I end up trying to “reference” the block instead of embedding them because it looks better. But I’d prefer embedding without two bullet points.

Here are two alternatives:

• A macro similar to Embed blocks without their children, but with code like this:
     const span = div.closest("span.inline")
     const bullet = span.querySelector(".block-control-wrap")
     if (bullet) bullet.style.display = 'none'
     const container = span.querySelector(".block-children-container")
     if (container) {
         container.style.marginLeft = "auto"
         const children = span.querySelector(".block-children")
         if (children) children.style.borderLeft = 'none'
     }
     div.remove()

• Same thing done with some css like this:
    div.embed-block > div > div > div > div > div > div > div.block-control-wrap {
      display: none;
    }
    div.embed-block > div > div > div > div > div > div.block-children-container {
      margin-left: auto;
    }
    div.embed-block > div > div > div > div > div > div > div.block-children {
      border-left: none;
    }

2 Likes