Options to run on background and on startup

I think all the three desktop platform support both running an application on background and launch it at system startup.

By “running on background” I mean running with no window and eventually display an indicator in the sys tray.

The second option, “launch at system startup”, is usually shipped with the first one.

Basically I’m asking for what most chat applications have.

This would be useful since you need to have Logseq already open to run deep links (logseq://) from other apps: Deep links not working if Logseq is not running · Issue #5632 · logseq/logseq · GitHub

This would be super helpful - I usd to have Obisidian and Keepass setup up like this and it makes for a much faster workflow.

• Minimize to Tray
  • Start on boot
  • Global hotkey to bring logseq to foreground

Just before reading this post, I took care of issue number 2: Start on Boot, which can not be coincidental - clearly this feature is on everyone’s mind:
cd "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\"
mklink "Logseq.rix.lnk" "%LOCALAPPDATA%\logseq\Logseq.exe"

One of the mklink options allows for hardlinking and lets you to set a ctrl + alt + hotkey to run the target.

Ways exist of fixing the other two issues, but they are much more ‘hacky’. For instance, if I recall, https://webcatalog.io allows you to run certain apps as a service, in theory, this could take care of using Logseq to open logseq:// links. But there will likely be a performance cost to this since no app likes being hacked (like with dll hooks etc) into doing something it isn’t designed to do, in the same way that I game usually does not like it when you have a third party cheating app messing with its internals. But since the issue is now two years old, I thought I would add my two cents.

There are other incentives for deep linking as well. Here is a quote from What is deep linking and why are deep links important? | Adjust :

Why are deep links important?

Deep links produce a seamless user journey that reduces churn and increases the likelihood of an install. They let you make sophisticated campaigns while providing a better user experience, moving users onto your app in a single click.

Deep links also create the opportunity for easier incentivization. It’s simple to persuade people to try a new experience when a potential prize or offer is sent to them via a retargeting campaign. For example, let’s say you have a music app and want to promote a new album, so you allocate budget to be spent on a popular website. However, you want the user to listen to the sample in-app, not just on the website (where they are only exposed to the album cover). Here you need a deep link to send them directly to the correct page in your app, offering a seamless user experience.

In-app deep linking can significantly increase your conversion rate and retention rate. Deep linking campaigns can be tracked, and provide extra data points on how your campaign performs. If you’d like to learn more about this, you can read up on the effects of deep linking in campaigns here.