Org to Markdown converter and Create pages in non-preferred format

Logseq has the ability to convert org to markdown and vice verse.

Expose a function for plugins to convert text between these two formats.

Many online note-taking apps provide a markdown export, but it is very hard to sync them to org files. Or plugins such as mark-map could work better for org files.

For syncing, a short term solution may be the ability to create notes in not preferred format. For other uses, a conversion function is still necessary.

I agree with you that org<->markdown or ast->anyFormat is very useful for plugin.

Currently, Mldoc (the parser logseq uses) supports exporting to markdown, org-mode is not supported yet. It also needs a lot of tests to make sure we don’t lose any information during the converting.

4 Likes

Now I have 350 files in org-mode, but I want to change back to markdown-mode. Even I change editor into “markdown mode”, those files I already have in org-mode would not change.
There have no plugin or feature for batch conversion and I really need it.

Hi, all, I tried to use mldoc to convert that. The outcome looks pretty good except it throws Schedule, Deadline and Cautions, Notice style, but it’s enough for me!

You need to install mldoc first.

here’s the covert code I use, after the convert, you may need to manually resolve the problems I mentioned above.

4 Likes

I try this bash script but meet SOME problems :smiling_face_with_tear:

mldoc does convert most org pages but it failed in convert link form which I used a lot. After reviewed how many links I have to check manually I revert all the change and kept mixture of md and org.

you can try open files in vscode, and replace the link with the format you want. (with regular expression)

thanks, mldoc work better than pandoc for convert markdown to org-mode