Page collapses and expands rapidly 2-3 times when adding text with embed blocks in page

I’ve got about 40 pages, with only a few with embedded blocks. I’m writing an essay and I’m starting to copy blocks from pages to a topic collation page. However, half the page collapses and expands 2-3 times within 1-2 seconds, with the cursor moving position while I’m typing, and sometimes it doesn’t rest in the expanded state and half the page just seems to have disappeared or been lost. I cannot work with this happening every 5 seconds or so when typing, since what I type ends up in various places other than what was intended. Is there an automatic file save occurring which is collapsing and expanding blocks on the page?

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Is there a time delay I can set up in config to only save the file on exit, or after a long delay?

(I’m getting quite desperate, and sadly considering reverting to Microsoft OneNote and Word after all the effort of learning and setting up and working with Logseq.)

Edit: also just noticed that the page with problem flashes also when I work on another page on a second window of Logseq which is open. I wasn’t working on the page that was flashing, but just copied an embed block on the other page and the problematic page flashed on its own.

It happens also to me, but only if I open more than one window of Logseq (0.9.18). In the second window, the page jumps continously to different lines once I insert a new block if the page contains a lot of blocks. In the other case, when the page contains few blocks, I cannot reproduce the bug.

This behaviour makes unusable the additional windows, which are very useful when taking information from several pages simultaneously.

1 Like

I’m getting the same behaviour when there is more than one window open. Logseq worked for a while, then as the page got longer it started to jump repeatedly, making it unusable.

For now the solution seems to be to only have one window open which does make working on multiple pages difficult, as @pablo375 says.

MacOS. Latest version.

1 Like

I’m certain this has everything to do with lazy loading and the .lazy-visibility divs.

I don’t embed often, but I’ve had trouble with custom css that moves the linked and unlinked references because logseq cannot tell whether should be visible or hidden, and I get the same glitching, twitching behavior described here.

I would like a solution, but I’m guessing it will be to wait until the db version. I think there should be an option to turn off lazy loading if you have a fast computer or are otherwise prepared for the increased memory usage.