Pause timetracking

A button or anything else to pause the time-tracking (.md format…) of a task… (timetracking is done if a task is set on NOW…). Furthermore, the tracked time should be stored even if you toggle the block back to TODO, so you could pick it up the other day…

Extended time tracking would be really helpful. I’m coming from org-mode and I really like logseq. Currently I’m tracking my time manually, using /currenttime to “clock-in” and “clock-out”. Something like a the org-mode clocktable would be nice.

The current feature is nice but not very helpful if one cannot complete the task in one go.

3 Likes

I guess, it makes sense to pause it when NOW is turned back to LATER as well. But I think we also need a mechanism to reset the timer, for example it can be done by switching DONE to LATER

1 Like

I just think it needs to be less magical, right now too much happens on its own in regards to time tracking.

A button to start the time tracking, reset it, see time spent without completing the task, etc would be super useful

Furthermore, the tracked time should be stored even if you toggle the block back to TODO, so you could pick it up the other day

very good point, I think primarily there needs to be awareness of total time spent + current session time spent, I would love to have both counters available

4 Likes

pausing timetracking would actually be quite essential for me… i’ve actually started using it assuming it would just add to the time by switching back and forth between DOING and TODO. realizing that it just would reset the count was quite frustrating. :frowning:

the frustrating time tracking should be redesigned.
it seem to me a feature for the purpose of adding feature.

1 Like