Philosophy of task management?

Hi here,

I’m looking to optimize my workflow with todo. I would like to better understand the philosophy of task management in logseq as I am used to GTD. If a todo is scheduled, why do I only see it on the first day of the schedule and not during the whole period between the scheduled date and the due date?

2 Likes

agreed, or at least to be able to switch to see all open & upcoming scheduled todos…

1 Like

You could solve this by adding a query to journal to pull those desired lists you mentioned, at the bottom of your journal. Join the Discord channel #datalog to see examples.

3 Likes

I think Logseq would work well with GTD (even though it’s not my main system for TODOs) You can have your contexts very easily as e.g. [[@office]]. I haven’t yet found an elegant way to deal with next steps though.

As for scheduling todos, I’m in the camp where I avoid doing that, and prefer only recording the due date. I can see that in my context anyway. What @danzu said would work great, too!

2 Likes

Hi @danzu and @Lynoure ,

At the moment I’m experimenting with a custom configuration of default journal page to see 1/ late tasks (deadline today or past) 2/ scheduled tasks in progress.

:default-queries
 {:journals
  [{:title "📥 Inbox"
    :query [:find (pull ?b [*])
        :where
        [?p :block/name "inbox"]
        [?b :block/ref-pages ?p]]
    :collapsed? true}
    {:title "🔴 Deadline aujourd’hui ou dépassée !!"
    :query [:find (pull ?block [*])
        :in $ ?today
          [?block :block/marker ?marker]
          [(contains? #{"DOING" "TODO" "WAITING"} ?marker)]
        (or
          [?block :block/deadline ?d])
        [(<= ?d ?today)]]
    :inputs [:today]
    :collapsed? false}
    {:title "🟢 Tâches planifiées ouvertes"
    :query [:find (pull ?block [*])
        :in $ ?today
          [?block :block/marker ?marker]
          [(contains? #{"DOING" "TODO" "WAITING"} ?marker)]
        (or
          [?block :block/scheduled ?d])
        [(<= ?d ?today)]]
    :inputs [:today]
    :collapsed? true}]}

All other tasks have an #inbox tag which implies that I process them to assign them a context ([[@office]]), completion dates and a link to a project (optional).

It works pretty well for the moment.

3 Likes

Thank you @bepolymathe ! Your default queries seems to work pretty well! You made my day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes