Discussion for plugin devs
Editor.onMacroRendererSlotted calls when need to render the block and sometimes it happens too often.
It calls on:
- Exit from edit block state (Esc, Enter, arrows keys, etc.)
- Dragging the block to another place
- Appearing in query results in other block / page / portal
- Tooltip view of block
- Embedding or referencing block
- And… on block selection state change
The last point becomes annoying, when block rendering takes some time or show UI messages.
See the provided demo:
So proposal is to have a way to recognise the reason of rendering and prevent it (if need be).
- Do you have any thoughts on this?
- Is it a bug or a feature?
- Is there any (not listed) cases when rendering of block occurs?