Plugin Idea: Block Extractor similar to Obsidian's Extract Command

I love moving blocks around, which is why I currently prefer Logseq’s outlining strength over Obsidian’s (even with its Outliner and Zoom Plugins). But one thing I really miss is being to put my cursor on a block and with a simple keyboard shortcut extract that block and choose a file to move it to (see Obsidian’s Extract To menu command, or even Note Refactor Plugin (GitHub - lynchjames/note-refactor-obsidian: Allows for text selections to be copied (refactored) into new notes and notes to be split into other notes.)

I realize Logseq has a Move To slash command but what it does is simply copy a block reference, which is not what I’m looking for, more like an outright cut-and-paste into another document automatically.

I wonder what the best workaround is, in a way that preserves the block IDs

Have you tried the plugin “Move Block”?

I am not sure I understood what you asked but Moving Blocks is quite easy with Cut/Paste from the contextual menu (Right Click on the Blocks Bullet) or Ctrl+X/Ctrl+V from keyboard. When you click on a Block it goes straight into Edit Mode on the Block so you have to press Esc to exit Edit Mode and then the Block is “Selected” and you can do Cut/Paste. If you don’t want to go into Edit Mode you Ctrl+Click on the Block to select it, then Ctrl+X/Ctrl+V on the other side.

Another option is to Shift-Click the Block to open in the SideBar, go to whatever Page you want to move it to then Drag&Drop it in there from the right side.

1 Like

Alex0 meant the plugin move block, I am not exactly sure from your answer if you catched this. If so, I am sorry.

I suggested a native-way. I am not fond of plugins in general so if it works for you better with plugins then you have your solution I guess.

2 Likes

I second native way and because of this, this topic should also have another tag like #native or something.

I vote for drag and drop method. Because it is the most intuitive way. People are used to moving files this way.
Let’s say I have a dozen of links for example from RSS or (I hope from third party services like Instapaper, Pocket, Raindrop, etc).
https://i.imgur.com/Mc9UySj.png
I want to be able to select them easily and drug and drop them to the destination and expect they will be appended at the end of the page.

I know that logseq is an outliner and tagging is more default way of organizing information but in some situations tagging all inbox, incoming information like dozens of links from various sources could be overwhelming.