Preparing for Collaboration

Hi, I have been using Logseq for a couple of weeks and really like it. I intend to start using it with my business and introduce my team to it. I’ll be syncing it through Google Drive until the proper collaboration comes out.

My problem is I will have personal stuff I don’t want to share with my team and different parts of the business that some employees shouldn’t be able to access. What is the best way to handle this? Do I have to use different graph folders for each aspect I want different groups to use? If so, that feels like I’m back in a world of folders again which I’d rather avoid. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Also, is there an easy way to split a graph in the future or only share certain pages etc?

6 Likes

Here is a few things I’ve tried.

Nesting a logseq graph inside another one. The nested graph is the shared one.

• I haven’t found any problem with that except for creating a private page when a public one exist. Need to create manually.
  • Currently need to switch to nested graph to add a public page (this might change when it will be easier to save a file somewhere else)

Using symbolic links to link public data to your graph.

• currently only works for symbolic links directly to the page in the pages folder
  • Folder symbolic links didn’t work properly, I’ve reported as a bug
  • Cannot easily create a private page after a public one of the same name have been created. Need to create manually.

Placing the graph in the same folder where the folder with public files are located and then move pages to this public folder.

• Need to remember to move new pages.
  • Still doesn’t solve public and private page of same name.
  • Could be easier in the future

There’s also a plugin that allow adding password to bloc. the only solution to having a public and private page at the same time. I haven’t tried but I wonder if it is well encrypted.

• a big cons for this solution is that a shared folder can become mixed with personal encrypted stuff by different people. It is possibly more trouble in collaboration than suggestions above.

As a newbie, would you be able to write down the steps to your Google Drive sync/backup process please, as this is the best option from my Ubuntu Desktop to my iPhone X? I don’t have the oversight of Logseq’s file system yet.

If I understand your question, this is not the proper thread. That being said, you only need to sync the logseq folder (the one that contains pages, journal, assets…). You may filter out the bak folder for faster sync.