Query to Table Question

Hi Everyone,

I’m a new Logseq user and so far am really enjoying it. That said I am still learning
how to get more out of the tool:

I have a template in Log Seq that follows this format:

• #[[Call_Log]] at <%time%> regarding
    template:: Call Log
    • call-subject::
    • participants::
    • Action Items:

Where Call-Subject and Participants are both Properties so I can reference Topics and People via the [[Page Reference]].

I would like to create a query to show a table of all of my calls but include the properties as columns.

For some reason I can pull up all the Call_Log references but not show the properties or vice versa.

Any idea how to construct this?

Thanks!

Welcome. Properties should be in the same block with Call_Log. Although that depends on the way that you form your queries, if you mind sharing them.

Thank you! For example:

If I enter this {{query “Call_Log”}} I get Block and Page as columns, all of the records as far as I can tell but not any of the properties.

If I enter this {{query (and “Call_Log” (property :call-subject))}} I get zero results. And again just Block and Page as columns.

I checked the wheel icon and there aren’t any other tabs to select.

Finally if I go to the page for Call_Log, I can see all my entries as Linked References and I have confirmed each property is it’s own bullet point intended under the Block name.

Properties should be in the same bullet point, not indented, just in separate lines (with Shift + Enter)

Hi,

I think you should try to create a query in Logseq that shows a table of all your calls including the properties as columns, you can use a combination of {{query}} and {{table}} syntax. Here’s a way to structure your query:

{{query (and (task [[Call_Log]]) (property template “Call Log”)) }}
{{table (property call-subject) (property participants) }}

This query will pull up all the entries tagged with [[Call_Log]] and include the columns for call-subject and participants. Make sure your entries are consistently tagged and properties are properly assigned to ensure they show up correctly in the table.

Thanks

This was my problem. I confused indents, bullet points and separate lines!