Relational connected flashcard

I think that so many app provide flashcard features. I hope that logseq could provide enhancement beyond regular flashcards. I mean why bother making it if it’s not better than Anki.

It could be better if we can connect / relate flashcards to each other or connect them to the block or something like that.

I hope this helps:

1. Create your flashcards in a page(s) [[Page of whatever topic flashcards]]. Should look like:
[[Page of whatever topic]]
    · flashcard question 1 to remember this or that #card
        · answer to this or that 1
    · flashcard question 2 to remember this or that #card
        · answer to this or that 2
  1. Link flashcards by embedding blocks. You can do this via settung up your keyboard shortcuts, or manually by:
    • when on the [[Page of whatever topic]], right click on the bullet of the block containing the question of the flashcard you want to link. Say you want to access flashcard 2 when reviweing flashcard 1. You would then:

• right click on the bullet for
      · flashcard question 1 to remember this or that #card

• a context menu should open, select “copy block embed”

• go to

• paste wherever you want you reference to show (I imagine in the answer)

· flashcard question 2 to remember this or that #card
         {{embed to flashcard 1}} <which will render that block here>

While reviewing flashcard 2, you can access flashcard 1 by clicking on the embed. If you want that content to show on the sidebar use shift click instead. Edits of the Embedded block will also edit the original block, so be careful. If you do not want to “sync” that content, instead of “copy block embed”, select “copy block reference”.

This really takes very few clicks. Hope this is what you needed.

KB

2 Likes