Repeated tasks like in org-mode

Hello,

I’ve decided to try to replace several applications/tools with the Logseq…one important field is task management. I like(d) Taskwarrior, but it has problem with proper support for recurring tasks and that’s why in recent time I was using Etm which can handle complicated reminders] like Presidential election day example.

Now I see that the syntax for scheduled events does resemble the one in org-mode, so wonder about the options available in this page? For example: I’ve a task like: “mow the lawn” every 14 days. If the deadline is missed and the task was completed today instead of Sunday (two days ago), the next instance should be created in 2 weeks from today and not in two after last Sunday.

Is it possible to do it in Logseq?

Excuse me for the noise, but just got the answer, so now just wonder if there is a plan to support org-mode-styled repeaters for the Markdown-based graph?

I can live with org-mode and thanks to this feature I can leave Taskwarrior behind and start doing GTD task management within Logseq itself. :sunny:

Edit: It seems that even for Markdown it does work!!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

NOTE: The link above does not seem to work. Here is an alternative GIF demonstrating how to schedule a repeatable task)

1 Like

Hi, that link no longer seems to work either, at this point.

But I’ve seen another (old-ish) video elsewhere that shows a UI selector for repeater ‘kind’ where you can choose .+ or ++. This UI no longer seems to be in Logseq, was it removed from the UI for some reason?

The repeater styles still seem to work as expected if the ‘kind’ is set by hand-editing, although I have not tested very thoroughly, just a few quick tests. The Logseq documentation certainly seems to state that there should be a UI for these options.

Am I the only one not seeing it?

If you start typing e.g. TODO /sc, it should present this:
Then clicking on it or hitting Enter should present this:

Then clicking Add repeater should present this:

I don’t see any interface for choosing .+ or ++

OK, thank you. That’s the same UI I see.

I found the other reference again, it was a post on Twitter (X) from 2020: https://twitter.com/logseq/status/1319636466830512128

The 2nd image shows a selector for the ‘repeater kind’ but I guess it must have been dropped from the UI for some reason.