Share your "best practices" (question included)

Hello,
I am just getting started with Logseq. I was trying other tools too, but it was always Logseq that made me feel I need it. However, I need some advice/inspiration on using it properly. I am asking you kindly to share you best practice/workflows!

I have also one specific question:
I was using the Journal to create some entries. Then, I was able to find a specific page that was generated. However, the page with only the references did not make a lot of sense. So my question is: Am I supposed to make some “proper” content in this page with the information found in the backlinks? That’s what I wanted to do, but I am not sure if this is correct.

Also, some content is more than just bullet points. How do I deal with them? Should I use Logseq only for everything I can outline and drop long-form content “somewhere else”?

Finally: is there a limit? Should I create multiple graphs for multiple projects? Or is one graph enough for the next 10 years (I am a busy person)

Thanks for all the answers!

Welcome.

• The more you use Logseq, the more you will revise your approach.
    • You will gradually develop your very own workflow.
    • Don’t expect to do it well on first effort.
  • My personal answers:
    • on the correct page for each note/entry:
      • If you log information, the journal is enough.
      • If you manage knowledge, you need proper content in other pages.
    • on long-form content: It fits better outside Logseq.
    • on the number of graphs:
      • Every serious/big (or test) project deserves its own graph.
      • Everything else can share the same single graph.
4 Likes

Thank you. This is very helpful.

I enjoyed seeing that your response was also formatted in Logseq way - it seems you fully embraced it :slight_smile:

1 Like

If that is what comes natural to you. If your brain goes, this information belongs on this page. Then yes, it is probably correct.

It’s what I like about Logseq. I can just pick up and drag blocks to new homes if appropriate.

I use the journal as first entry point and if needed I can expand on things on pages or move them there.
It helps me keep my pages for information I actually use.

It’s what I’ve done. It’s the only thing I use Obsidian for :joy:
To turn my Logseq notes into long form content.

1 Like