Shortcut for New Window gone?

Hi,

I’m just upgraded to version 0.10.7 and at least in Linux the shortcut to open a new window (I think I used Ctrl + Shift + N) is no longer opening a new window.

I searched the keyboard shortcuts for an “Open new window” one or similar but no luck. It was very useful to spawn a new window when your workflow is based on handling several graphs at the same time.

Do I miss something?

Regards,

Juanpe

1 Like

Try Shift + click on the desired graph, in the Switch to menu.

2 Likes

Yes, that worked, it’s quite convenient at the time. I tend to use the “All graphs” page most of the times to switch graphs, however, and there it doesn’t work (I have quite a large number of graphs).

I reverted to 0.10.6 to take a look at the shortcuts and there wasn’t an “Open new window” either. I’m thinking that the Ctrl + Shift + N might be a Debian + Gnome feature, but it is not since it doesn’t work with all apps, so it must be a Logseq feature, right?

In any case, I think that was a feature that was very useful, and just remarking it in case the new release deactivated it by mistake somehow (I’m not in Logseq development, sorry).

Ideally there should be a shortcut to launch a new window, and, as a separate, rather popular thread here somewhere discuss, a more streamlined, shortcut-based way to switch graphs will be a major boost in workflows where several graphs are used.

1 Like

Same for macOS. The new window functionality is gone. Hope that it will get fixed.

I’m still facing same issue
Sonoma 14.4
Logseq 0.10.7

Thanks for the tip Mentaloid.

If you’re me, and you can’t find your “Switch to” graph, that’s because you’re only logged into one graph.

Left menu, click on your current graph, the menu will show as “Add New Graph / All graphs…”

Pick “Add new graph” - which I overlooked a number of times, assuming it was to create a new graph, which I obviously didn’t want. But it is actually “open new graph”. Navigate to the other graph file location, and it will open, and then the menu will start with the option “Switch to”.

THEN, shift-clicking to open in a new window works!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, yes i faced the same problem.
i was able to open a new window and now i can’t, but i have tried the malkab comment, i made a new empty graph and now i can make a new window and then change the graph to my main graph.

On mac OS latest
logseq v 10.9 (83)
Open new window shortcut (apple-N) and menu bar option don’t do anything…
Assume this is a bug!

There are known issues with multiple Logseq windows in combination with Logseq Sync. I’ve heard some suggestions among the devs to disable multiple windows for that reason. But I just tested this with a non-synched graph, and I also cannot open a new window (Logseq 0.10.9. for Mac).

I’m checking with the devs whether this is intentional or a bug. I assume it’s a bug as the “New Window” option is still in the File menu.

I see. I don’t use Sync and was a very important feature in my use case (I would again take advantage of this opportunity and ask for a more straightforward way to launch other graphs in new windows). Maybe it could be possible to detect if Sync is active and deactivate accordingly as a safe guard?

Being able to open new windows was an important feature for me as well, as I liked to work on different pages in the same graph at the same time. I hope this feature gets re-introduced soon.

I also depend on two separate graphs. One which mustn’t leave my machine and one shared with my mobile using Sync. Most of the time, I have both open. Came here also looking for a way to open the second window with a shortcut.

What works for me is using links between the graphs (logseq://graph/XYZ - actually, I use a trivial macro to render those links from the page names). When I open a link to the other graph via Ctrl+O, Logseq launches a new window and takes me there - which is exactly what I want. That also means that two windows for different graphs, one of them being Sync’d is not technically impossible - and I have no issues with that for several months now (before that I used Git instead of Sync, also without issues, but less convenient on mobile).

I imagine, you could place a list of links to your graphts in a TOC page and jump from there via keyboard navigation, as a workaround?

1 Like