Show tasks/todo's with a date in the respective journal note

Currently scheduled todo’s or todo’s with a deadline appear in a special ‘scheduled and deadline’ block only if its today (= the current day). This block does not appear for past or future day’s/journal notes.

It would be nice to show the generated scheduled and deadline block in all journal notes that have todo’s with date’s pointing towards it.

Side note, it is possible to add standard page reference (e.g. of a future date) to a note, this will trigger a ‘Next’ block in the today note. Nevertheless this seems a bit double with deadline and scheduled, what is the difference?

I was just looking at Scheduled & Deadline properties. And I was searching for deadline in logseg changelog. I found this that may be useful to you …
https://logseq.github.io/#/page/changelog
[[Apr 1st, 2021]] Version 0.0.17

[[Features]]
Add an option :scheduled/future-days for the Scheduled and Deadline section, the default value is 0, which means it only display tasks for Today.
For example, if you’d like to see all the scheduled tasks && deadlines in 7 days, add :scheduled/future-days 7 to the file config.edn

2 Likes

I’m using this Query

#+BEGIN_QUERY
 {:title "⚠️ OVERDUE"
  :query [:find (pull ?h [*])
          :in $ ?start ?today
          :where
          [?h :block/marker ?marker]
          [?p :page/journal? true]
          [?p :page/journal-day ?d]
          [(>= ?d ?start)]
          [(<= ?d ?today)]
          [(contains? #{"NOW" "LATER" "TODO" "DOING"} ?marker)]]
  :inputs [:56d :today]
  :collapsed? false}
#+END_QUERY

This shows the deadlines on the “Today” page, but does not show them on pages of later days.

That is, it doesn’t solve the problem of: Hey, I’m going to open the page for X day next week to see how committed I have it.