Specify understandable commit messages

Logseq writes commit messages like “Logseq auto save”.

With a large number of commits, it is very difficult to navigate in the repository.

It would be very convenient to see a description of the changes in the commit comments. For example, “edited file pages/hello.md”.

It’s good to see OP using git to track the notes.

However, I do not see the point of using git messages to track the information that you later on need to the browser. This functionality is already provided by the forward/backward links, and context map the user has already used.

The commit message will provide a time-stamp beta info to its corresponding notes. It might be useful but I doubt its practice usage.

The main case for this improvement is the daily and weekly notes review.

Unfortunately, logseq does not provide note history. So commits are the only way to review

I’ve made a habit of doing a review with a github pull request.

I’ve created a review branch. Every morning (or Monday) I create a new pull-request from the main branch to the review branch. In the evening (or Sunday), I review all my notes for the period in the File changed tab. Sometimes I write down my final thoughts. After that, I merge the pool-request.

Maybe someone else could use a trick like this.

I’ve created a review branch. Every morning (or Monday) I create a new pull-request from the main branch to the review branch. In the evening (or Sunday), I review all my notes for the period in the File changed tab. Sometimes I write down my final thoughts. After that, I merge the pool-request.

This is a cool idea.

Using the “PR” to force you to review your daily/weekly notes.

For me, I just use the daily note. I tag a “TODO” to a headline in the daily notes. As time progress, I either change “TODO” to “DONE”. If the job is not done today, I just copy this headline to tomorrow’s daily and change “TODO” as “CANCEL” in today’s notes. Finally, a peek from my agenda to see if there are any things that I could do better and write them down into the last headline. This is how I review my day.

In addition to the topic.

I wrote a script to automatically commit changes. The local logseq client now generates meaningful commits on a regular basis.

If anyone needs it, here’s the link: GitHub - ansmirnov/git-autocommit: A tool to automatically commit changes to git.