Stay in system tray and quick capture with global shortcut key

Same as in the desktop versions of Evernote, Todoist, Trello, TickTick, Mem.ai: the ability for the Logseq desktop app to sit in the system tray and have a shortcut key (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+N) bring up a the app (or a quick capture Window).

Case-scenario example: I work on Zoom a lot, which is often full-screen when someone is presenting something. It would be nice to be able to bring up Logseq by pressing a key combination from anywhere, in order to jot down a note quickly. Otherwise, I have to exit Zoom full-screen mode, open Logseq, wait for a few seconds to load, find the current date to write down my notes.

IMO this would be a killer feature. Especially if the quick-capture functionality worked with the same context and functionality as writing directly in Logseq. That is with the ability to add multiple blocks, with indentation, with auto-complete for tags and page references, and so on.

1 Like

A solution I have come up is to run this open source, portable app: RBTray Portable (system tray app minimizer) | PortableApps.com

It lets you right-click on the minimize button of any window, and it automatically minimizes the app in the system tray.

Of course a native implementation with the addition of a global shortcut key would be idea!

1 Like

We’re looking into ways to improve quick capture into Logseq on both desktop and mobile.

In the meanwhile, there are solutions for Raycast and Alfred (1 and 2) that give you the same functionality. But as far as I know, they only work on macOS (I’m not aware of similar solutions on Windows).

5 Likes