Support epub format ebooks

+100000

Maybe this can help GitHub - futurepress/epub.js: Enhanced eBooks in the browser.

3 Likes

I am looking forward for this feature for a long time

Hoping for that feature too :pray:

For your interest, Calibre (the most complete ebook manager) let you copy epub annotations as Markdown, that include a URI with the scheme calibre://. So when you click that link in Logseq, Calibre opens the target ebook at the right page.

4 Likes

I also wish that direct support for epub , azw is a BIG bonus within Logseq.
Given that the current support for pdf is really amazing, I have high hopes that epub formats will eventually be included without having to convert to pdf ,etc.

could you point me to where I can find out how do that? Couldn’t find the scheme of the annotation in the Calibre help document The calibre:// URL scheme — calibre 6.11.0 documentation

Sorry the images are in Italian, the translation is something like:

Right Click on a book > Read > Browse annotations > Export all selected > Markdown

Notice that you can select multiple books before the right click and from the dialog export only annotations from the selected books.

3 Likes

Hypothes.is have also done some work to anchor annotations on top of epub.js

1 Like

+1 refresh from me too

+1 refresh from me too

10 times that if Text-to-speech is an option.

Can you expand more on how you mean here

“The only thing remaining is to be able to easily pull up the location if you have the book in Calibre”

Do you mean the location of the location of a quite within a book when it is made in Calibre?

duydl/logseq-calibre-metadata (github.com)
duydl/logseq-calibre-annotation (github.com)

With these plugins the experience of importing, reading and annotating epubs, etc… within logseq is already quite frictionless imo. Tools like Calibre were refined for so long for managing and reading ebooks. I think there is just no need for native epub support in Logseq, it would just be redundant.

5 Likes

relevant to this discussion- a very nice blog post that covers the state of the art of (epub) annotation. PKM Annotation Woes

1 Like

This is awesome duydl. Can this integrate with Kindle notes imported via say Readwise?

I really need this, please