Support OPML as file format

OPML is a standard format for representing outlines. It would be really great to be able to support this format. Since OPML also supports attributes on each headline it would be a very natural way to store properties like id.

definitely agree :slight_smile:
moreover adding pages from other kinds of infinite outliners (e.g. dynalist) in their original structure would be much easier without having to do a lot of afterwork. Even some mindmap programs support OPML exports and make it thus possible to convert a mindmap into a structured logseq page :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! We replied here :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s great to hear you want to implement OPML support in logseq.

I put together a checklist of resources to help you along, including lots of examples and JavaScript source code.

http://this.how/opmlChecklist/

I’m happy to help in this process, it’s super important to get our worlds connected. Really excited about this!

Dave

8 Likes

Thank you so much! Your checklist and the OPML examples are super helpful for us, we’ll start working on it next week.
Interop, no lock-in!

3 Likes

I could tell from the design of your software that you’re a member of the No Lock-in Club. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

For anyone curious about the current status of OPML support, import for it does exist however there are a number of major bugs which make it unusable.

1 Like

This feature is really important in order to import data from mind-mapping tools. I personally have a lot of mind maps I made with XMind, which has the ability to export to OPML. I tried importing them to Logseq, but it does not work. Would be very happy if it gets fixed.

2 Likes