Support SVG (or other vector image format) rendering?

Hi!

Is it possible to add functionality for rendering SVG or similar vector image format(e.g., pdf or esp)?

I know logseq already provides a drawing functionality, but it lacks functionality compared to vector graphics tools such as Inkscape or Illustrator.
Furthermore, many scientific graphs are usually exported as vector graphics, which cannot be generated through the embedded drawing tool of the logseq.

Currently, I convert vector images into raster images(png) then make a note against them.
So it requires an extra step, which is quite cumbersome.
Further, it is hard to find associated vector images when I needed them. (mostly scientific writing)

If we can directly annotate the vector image inside of the logseq, it would be much handy.

I add SVG images like I would do with PNG ones and it just works. Maybe this is an old issue?

here, logseq (0.5.1 windows-desktop) is not rendering SVG assets

1 Like

0.5.1 (webapp, WIndows) works with SVG assets. If it makes a difference, I created the SVGs (small badges) in Inkscape.

Come to think of it, today it didn’t want to display the SVGs at first. When I clicked to see if the image code had gone away, then clicked out, they appeared. First time I’d seen that happen, so I wonder if it’s a bug in 0.5.1.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to work with 0.7.4. Just shows nothing.

1 Like

@sleepyeye @dubinha @Tammo_Heeren

Do you still have this issue? Can you please try the following example:

![](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/Svg.svg)

For me it does render correcly like a PNG image, I’m on Logseq 0.7.6 for Linux and here SVG rendering has always worked:

If the example above doesn’t work for you, you should definitely report it in the bug tracker since it’s a bug, not a feature request.

Ping @Ramses to eventually close this feature request.

1 Like

Just to give an SVG sample that doesn’t render

![](https://typora.blob.core.windows.net/typoraimages/2023/06/13/13/zettelkasten----PMBB19G52GN3XJGE7HW3369QRC.svg)

I’m using Logseq v0.9.8 on Windows, and that file doesn’t render at all.

Looking at #8996, seems to be related to missing width and height properties.

Interestingly enough, when adding dimensions ‘externally’ ![](...){:height 231, :width 231}, that seems to fix the problem.