Syncing Issues: I love Logseq but I'm going to have to look elsewhere due to multiple cases of data loss

I’ve really enjoyed using Logseq over the past week or so. I love the outline style for typing up my notes (I’m using this primarily for lecture notes for a couple classes I’m taking) and I really enjoyed the daily note aspect as well. I’ve never been much of a journaler but daily notes have already been really impactful for me.

Unfortunately, I’ve already expected 3-4 cases of data loss. Thankfully, none of them were for more than 30 minutes to an hour of work, but it still makes me very hesitant to continue to use Logseq. Just this morning, I typed up a section of notes and ended up losing that chunk of new notes as the sync reverted back to my last update before I went to bed last night. No evidence of the new notes I typed this morning show up on the version history.

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but I also think that for a tool like this to be useful for most users, the sync has to work seamlessly with a typical person’s workflow.

I really hope the team can iron out the issues with sync and that at sometime in the future I can return.

3 Likes

The sync is in beta is it not? So issues should be expected I would assume.

Hey there -

I have not had any actual data loss since I switched to using the paid-for sync; I’d recommend spending the 5$ at least once to see how things work for you once you have that set up.

I think data loss may be way more common when using third party sync. I know it didn’t work great for me.

If you’ve already done that - it sounds like you may have - is there anything unusual about your connectivity? I haven’t lost anything since like the first week and I’ve been using LogSeq to drive my daily tasks for about 8 months now.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure that you see the green “in sync” dot before you start typing. Once I learned to be patient and wait for that, it’s been smooth sailing.

-Robert

Your suggestion about waiting until the the green in sync light before typing might be the source of my issues. I’ll give that a shot and see if that helps fixes issues.

Unfortunately, I’ve just lost 2 weeks of data, and did everything listed here… :pensive: