"This is a demo graph," -- Huh?

The subject phrase is the first words that greet a new user. As a new user yesterday, my first reaction was: huh? What’s a “graph”? I knew the common English meanings – none of which, at least in the Oxford Dictionary of English – really captures the sense of directed graph that Logseq uses. That sense is well-enough known among mathematicians and computer scientists, but not, I think, generally among the population of candidate PKM users. [My second reaction was that the subject phrase introduced a run-on, i.e., comma splice, sentence – these are common in Logseq and other technical docs.]

So, I turned to Logseq’s Glossary entry for term/graph: “• description: a discrete collection of notes and other content. Logseq repositories contain individual files, a database that relates those files.” Eh? Is a graph a collection of notes or a database that relates files? What is the relation between the notes and the files? [The second sentence is another run-on, comma splice instance rather than being an explicit conjunction using “and”. Why are doc writers pained by semicolons and periods or words such as “and”, “as”, and “because”?]

During a day of reading docs and watching videos, I absorbed Logseq’s concept of graph.

Here’s my first and possibly incomplete or inaccurate try at a glossary entry:
a collection of pages containing notes and other material, together with bidirectional links between pages [and notes?]. Logseq repositories contain a folder for each graph, a file for each page, and a database of the links between them. The term “graph” is used because the pages and their link relationships can be represented by a kind of diagram known in mathematics and computer science as a “directed graph.”

And I suggest that after the subject phrase the comma be changed to a semicolon, and “graph” be changed to “journal page” or to a link to an improved Glossary entry.

I think a page is not a file. It’s a special block witch refer to a collection of blocks.

Since the refactoring of LogSeq done in April 2021,

Logseq has three main concepts, which are graph, page, and block. A page maps to a single file on the file system. After refactoring, page becomes one type of block. It brings some benefits. It won’t necessarily be related to a file or other thing inside storage. It becomes more abstract and general. It is just the root of a block tree. The whole graph is a big tree of blocks, and the page is a normal node in it representing a specific collection of blocks. Moving a block or some blocks from a page into another page is a natural moving-subtree operation.