Thoughts on Syncthing vs Nextcloud for logseq?

Hi, so am still learning logseq but so far am convinced its the best option for my use case. The next thing is syncing. I have to have access to it on my phone and my computer (ios and linux). I saw that logseq is working on a syncing service but I have to (guiltily) admit that I did some accounting last month on my subscriptions and well I have to cut back, not add more (mostly patreon, not a streamer :slight_smile: ). Anyway, I can’t justify another reoccurring payment so have been looking at other options. I am not a fan of proprietary services and it doesn’t look like the only online storage option I have (proton drive) would work here which seems to leave me with either syncthing or nextcloud?
I haven’t actually used nextcloud before but I have used syncthing. I have had sync conflicts with syncthing and saw a fair number of sync conflict errors that logseq users who use syncthing have been having. I do like being able to run syncthing on my desktop and not need a server or VPS.
So, in others experience, have you had more success with syncthing or nextcloud or is there a reason you use one over the other?
Thanks in advance!

I use syncthing with very little trouble. Conflicts only happen when I edit on my phone at nearly the same time as on my computer. So, I allow a few minutes before switching devices to give syncthing time to work.

1 Like