Three Choices New Users Need to Make

In theory you can keep some pages shared between people in a subfolder of the graph and use something to sync only that folder. Eventually to avoid conflicts (for example someone else create a page that already exist in the private portion of your graph) you can agree on using a specific namespace for all the pages shared in the team, like [[Team Foo/Page bar]].

I haven’t tried this with other people, if someone manage to do so let me know, especially if using Git :slight_smile:

One thing to note with the journal-centric approach is all the backlinks to a particular tag from various dates in the journal view automatically builds a chronology of blocks referring to the tag. This is very powerful and I use it both at work and home.
Working on tasks or projects etc, I put everything into the journal and I get a timeline with events, meetings, and whatever you put in. And with no cognitive load of having to look up and decide where this and that needs to go.

3 Likes

Just wanted to chime in here and mention that after 2+ years of using logseq I’ve abandoned using the journal pages directly, because I choose to sync my graph with git, and I found using the journal with a distributed git workflow leads to large merge conflicts between different environments’ Logseq instances creating the same conflicting day page.

As a result, each place I use logseq, I have a different logfile (for example, [[Personal/Log/2023/11/26]], [[Work/Log/2023/11/26]] that opens up the page with a tag for that day. That way I can go to the day in the journal and see all the log entries for that day from each environment, but avoid the merge conflicts on syncing.