Upload an asset not working

Using Endeavour OS and logseq is Logseq-linux-x64-0.7.7.AppImage.

When trying Upload an asset a windows pops up where I am supposed to choose the asset.

However, the window does not respond to any mouse click. Keyboard is only working to select a directory with the TAB key. No possibility to switch to the right side to select a file.

Is there a way to debug this?

I just want to add that on a RedHat 8.5 system Upload an asset doesn’t work the same way.

It seems that with

• logseq-desktop-bin 0.8.1-1 (EndeavourOS)
  • logseq 0.8.1 AppImage running on RedHat 8.6

Upload an asset is now working reliably fine.

Thanks a lot for fixing this!

confirm bug for mx linux 21.1

Which version of logseq are you using in MX Linux 21.1?

If it is an older version could you try with the newest version? The appimage makes it easy to use the newest version.

Logseq-linux-x64-0.8.0.AppImage

Would be interesting to see if on MX it is solved as well when you use the 0.8.1 appimage.

thanks, I didn’t notice that this was already fixed in 0.81
confirm, Logseq-linux-x64-0.8.1.AppImage works fine

1 Like

I found out that if the character length exceeds 30-40 then it won’t upload. if you rename it and then try to upload it. then it will take. I’m also using Linux system for Logseq.

Hm, this was solved some months ago as you can read in this thread.

Character length of what? Filename? I just tested and I had no problem to upload an asset where the filename’s length was more than 40 chars. Here this is a Linux system and Logseq is 0.8.12

A PDF with filename:

Uni Bern_ Lecturer_Assistant Lecturer Tenure Track in planetary atmosphere modelling 100% Lecturer_Assistant Lecturer Tenure Track in planetary sciences 100%.pdf

did not upload on Linux, using 0.9.8. After renaming it, it worked fine.