Use capitalization of the instance instead of the page title

Logseq links to the same page regardless of capitalization, which I think is great… But I would love it if the displayed links to that page the way I choose to represent it within a block.

Right now, if I create a page called My Project and then link to it within a block with [[my project]], once I unfocus from the block it will read as “Just an example of [[My Project]]” instead of what I actually typed: “Just an example of [[my project]]”.

If this is not a bug but a feature, I’d be curious to know the rational behind that behavior. I feels very confusing to me…

Thanks!

To make it more confusing the other way around does work.
IMG_1693

So I definitely feel both ways should be supported.

Not sure what you mean by “the other way around” but yeah… After playing some more with it, I realized sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. And I haven’t been able to figure out the logic behind the behavior :thinking:

It’s just that auto-completition changes the case according to the one of the existing page and yeah it is annoying.

As seen in my screenshot. If the page name is lowercase we can actually refer to it with uppercase without Logseq changing it.

Seems this is the same request as Respect lowercase page link, when page title is capitalized . To get more attention from devs, I’d suggest to collect votes there.

BTW my recommendation with a couple months more experience is:
Use plain markdown links to wrap page links within a sentence, don’t resort on this unreliable feature.
Example: Respect [lowercase]([[Letter case]]) page link, when page title is [capitalized]([[Capitalization]]).

It might sound like unneeded additional work, but has benefits:

• Page renaming or restructuring won’t harm structure of your past sentences.
    • No housekeeping work, forces in a pit of success with graph growth
  • shorter page links
  • can be used flexibly, no page aliases needed
    • E.g. if the page name is a substantive, you can use its reference as verb in the sentence.
  • adds context to links, which is one way more to boost memory
  • Use Ctrl+l shortcut to wrap those links quickly.
  • Tags (#mytag) don’t need to be wrapped, as they usually are not part of a sentence.

Thanks! I missed that other post… Sorry about that! I’ll vote over there and stop writing in this thread.

You’re welcome! Someone currently brought it up again, so I’ll link the post for internal linking here for future readers.

1 Like