What is the logo?

What is the logo symbol?

1 Like

It’s three slip-boxes with connections that you cannot perceive.

3 Likes

Wait really? Interesting!

Is there a story behind the design? Who designed it?

I think it was designed by the founder: Tiensonqin.

thread copied from Chinese forum (Logseq Logo - 分享 - Logseq 中文社区):
This is the early stage icon meaning “log sequence”, where “log” here denotes different blocks, like a man walking. He thought this icon was a bit too complicated and ugly.
Then he simplified it.

In the Chinese forum someone also proposed other prototypes:

5 Likes

Oh, I really like that second one from the forum!

The current design reminds me of blue’s clues for some reason, lol. Which is fine, I’m just a fan of clean and simple.

It’s neat to learn about the history, thank you!

1 Like

The current logo looks like a dog’s navy, I like figma’s proposal, look professional (the way Logseq should go, in my opinion)

4 Likes

I won’t lie… I prefer that logo a lot more.

1 Like

I wish Logseq would update it’s branding to something professionally designed.

As a user I fail to understand what does the logo represent. Sure, it’s a unique visual identifier, but so is an ASCII-art digest of a GPG key.

As an artist I suffer that something so distinctly ugly is used as a logo for this wonderful program. I use it for gathering art references for example, and the juxtaposition of how nice the program itself looks and how the logo presents itself is harsh.

As a semi-public figure I wish I could tell people about Logseq without having them look at this and say “what the heck is that? a logo? who uses a logo that looks like this?!”.

As a content creator I think the name “Logseq” alone is already a marketing challenge, but coupled with a logo like that I feel the project wants to scare away people :stuck_out_tongue:

Take this with a big grain of salt. This is not the first project where I join the forum only to criticize it’s logo.

I hope all goes well for Logseq :smiley:

Welcome and thanks for the feedback. Although by now some users have been used to the old logo, it won’t remain forever: Logseq Logo Community Contest. Hopefully the new logo won’t be worse.

You could also see it as a stretched-out face screaming like Edvard Munch

What happened to the logo contest? It was announced over a year ago and nothing seemed to change in the Logseq branding.

1 Like

The contest has been concluded. The new branding is independent and will apply along with the change of Logseq itself.

Does this mean the new branding will launch with the next version of Logseq?

Next major version, the one with the pro features. Please understand that this discussion is premature, as Logseq has more important issues to address and milestones to reach.

1 Like