Why marked as spam?

Hi,any idea why my posts are getting flagged as spam? I’m working through a workaround fix. Are people here super-sensitive or something? My first post was liked by at least one person in the first 10 minutes. Thanks

@alex0

Why are you tagging me? I liked your post, I didn’t mark it as spam.

I was wondering if you knew why someone would mark it as spam.

You are not very active here but you posted many times on the same thread in a few minutes, maybe this triggered a spam-detection algorithm that marked them as spam. In that case “the community has…” message would be misleading.

Thanks for the reply. I seems like a mod marked it, because that message said that after 10 minutes I would be able to edit it, which was 24 minutes ago. Thanks though…

1 Like

" Your post was flagged as spam: the community feels it is an advertisement, something that is overly promotional in nature instead of being useful or relevant to the topic as expected.

This post was hidden due to flags from the community, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden."

I’ll venture to guess that the messages here dont get marked.

@Ramses is the community manager, maybe he knows something

Great, thanks buddy… cheers

1 Like

Hi @Ramses, any idea why my post is not editable after 10 minutes? Thank you

No idea why you can’t edit your post, but maybe it’s the one that was marked as spam?

You’re relatively new to the forum (welcome!) and posted a few links. So, the spam bot got triggered and marked your posts for review. I’ve approved them now and they should show.

(This is the message from the spam bot:)

@Ramses
Ah, I see… its because I used several links to github while trying to explain my problem and solution. You might want to exclude github.com from your bot.

Also, here is the message it gave me, but I wasnt able to edit it after 10 minutes:
" Your post was flagged as spam: the community feels it is an advertisement, something that is overly promotional in nature instead of being useful or relevant to the topic as expected.

This post was hidden due to flags from the community, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden."

I would also suggest a more informative message about why the post was blocked, like the one you received. I definitely felt alienated for no reason.

@xaq_asdqwe Thanks for the feedback. This is all built into the forum functionality. We’ve used an off-the-shelf solution (Discourse), not created our own forum software. I’ll see what I can do about the messaging, but I’m limited to what the software lets me change.

Thanks. You could also submit feedback to Discourse. @Ramses