Blocks reordering themselves whilst typing

Hello folks,

A common part of my workflow will be working on the “Linked References” list on a given page. I will often work on blocks directly within this list, e.g., changing tags, marking things as a task, changing task state, etc.

However, whenever I change a tag or do anything with tasks, it seems to re-order the blocks arbitrarily, and I get bamboozled and lose the block I was working on. For example, I’m on Page X, and the “Linked References” section shows that Page X is mentioned in 10 blocks on Page Y. I start working on these 10 blocks listed under “Page Y”. If I change a tag or task status on this block, the order of the list will immediately change, completely arbitrarily (at least I can’t see a pattern).

I’d rather thees 10 blocks stayed in the same order so I can work through them one by one. Is there a way to make these lists less jittery and stay still? Maybe there’s a less frustrating way to do what I’m doing?

Hugely appreciate any help,
Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome!
There is no best solution. See Editing Linked Reference blocks causes disruptive page refresh and reordering for a similar thread with a suggested workaround.

It would be nice if we could reorder the list of linked references (drag and drop?)