What is the best way to capture emails (html, including images) from outlook?
Things I have tried:
- Copy and Paste
- This works, surprisingly, but it inserts images as literal html with links to images stored in AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip, so eventually they will be lost
- It doesn’t capture the header, only the body. It would be nice to have an email template with From/To/Time/Subject etc.
- It splits the message into blocks, one for each paragraph
- Drag and Drop / Copy and Paste entire message from Outlook inbox
- It doesn’t block the drop, but nothing happens
- Save message as .msg and add as an asset
- It is an attachment, so message can’t be read in Logseq, but one advantage is that the message can be opened again to reply or forward
- Take screenshots and paste into Logseq
- Can’t search
Ideally it should work like this:
- Drag and drop or copy and paste complete message from Inbox
- .msg is stored as an asset and linked so that I can click on the message to open and reply in mail program
- Logseq creates email template with header on top
- One block per email in the thread, split individual emails into blocks as setting
- Images are copied from temp folder into assets
Same workflow could also work with Thunderbird.
Should Logseq get a command “<Msg” to import and display email messages?