Completely disable git integration in desktop app

I want to completely disable the git integration in the LogSeq desktop/electron app. Is that possible?

I believe I’ve disabled the auto-commit setting and set “:git/disable-auto-commit? true” in config.edn.

I then terminate the app, delete the .git file and the ~/.logseq/git directory, and open the app again. Immediately the repo and the .git file get recreated and all files committed.

I’ve attempted to find a clean place in the code to inject a boolean setting to disable the git code but couldn’t find the good place, it looks like the git part is pretty core to the function of the app. I saw the document describing the major refactoring work and assumed the git functions would live as a plugin but find no evidence of that. Is, and will, the git functions be a mandatory part of the core of LogSeq?

Apologies if I just didn’t figure it out or if I stumbled upon a bug, it’s been a while since I worked with Clojure and friends.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I’ve been trying to figure out how to turn this (the creation of the git directory and the .git file) off as well as it’s been messing up my git-based sync.